The Trump Administration is taking dead aim at regulations that protect people’s lives, livelihoods and communities -- including regulations that protect our health and environment. Fortunately, no president can roll back regulations by fiat. Trump officials must go through the same process that’s used for making regulations. That process gives everyone the opportunity to be heard.
This Save EPA web site has resources to help you oppose proposed rule rollbacks:
- "A Practical Guide for Resisting the Trump De-Regulatory Agenda" describes how to fight rule rollbacks by commenting during the federal rule-making process, enlisting members of Congress, and taking other actions. Learn more about the guide and download your own PDF copy here.
- EPA rollback proposals now open for comment are listed below. We also list closely related rollback proposals of other federal agencies.
- Rollback fact sheets with talking points are posted for many rollback actions. Each fact sheet describes the rule at risk, the Trump Administration's proposed rollback, and suggested points to make in opposing the rollback. For rollbacks currently open for comment, the fact sheet also includes the comment deadline, information on how to submit your comments, and a link for online submission. Find all the fact sheets by going to the menu bar at the top of any Save EPA web page, clicking "Fighting Rule Rollbacks" and hovering your mouse pointer over "Rules Under Attack."
- Want the big picture? See Save EPA's "List of Trump Administration Rollback Actions: EPA Rules and Closely Related Rules." It includes planned, current and past actions.
- Finally, these links make it easy to write your members of Congress (your representative in the House of Representatives and your two senators). If you're willing to register with Countable, this link -- https://www.countable.us/ -- allows you to identify your members of Congress and send a message to all three at once. Or, you can write them separately -- you can use https://whoismyrepresentative.com/ or https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials/ to find your members' email contact forms or snail mail addresses. See the guide for more help.
Sign up for Save EPA Email Alerts -- and Take Action!
Proposed Rules Open For Comment
The Trump Administration has targeted many EPA regulations to be weakened or outright eliminated. Also targeted are related rules of other agencies. Save EPA is tracking these actions, and providing talking points to help commenters who want to resist the Trump agenda. As the people these regulations are designed to protect, we need to be loud and clear that these protections are important to us. We can’t afford to be silent while President Trump tries to take the U.S.A. backwards to a time of dirty air, polluted waters and contaminated land.
Proposed Rules Open for Comment (click on plus sign for summary)
Comment by 11:59 PM EST Monday, November 25, 2019
The Trump Administration has proposed to roll back air pollution control requirements that were intended to significantly cut emissions of climate-changing methane and other air pollution from the oil and gas industry. Repealing methane requirements is exactly the wrong thing to do in the face of growing evidence of serious harm from climate change and the urgent need to reduce climate-changing emissions. For more information on this proposed rollback and how to comment — including suggested talking points -- see Opposing Rollback of Standards Cutting Climate Pollution from the Oil and Gas Sector.